Do you want to improve the productivity of your organization? Are you looking for a way to communicate and collaborate at your company?
You might want to explore it a bit more because of the amazing benefits of it. Ensuring that you invest in the right platform for a longer interval is something this will help with.
Is it a good choice for your business? Will you invest in the right way?
We will help you make the right decision by showing you features and benefits of SharePoint.
What is SharePoint?
“Customer-oriented web-based platform, Microsoft SharePoint Online. It is compatible with Microsoft Office. It’s a content and document management system.”
It is possible to coordinate and communicate in a secure workspace with the help of SharePoint. You can build tasks, track schedules, and get details about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 as admin and choose the apps in the menu that you want to use.
- Click on the page you want to create in the left- vertical pane.
- Go to the team site
- The design of your website matches your requirements.
- Name and description are included in the correct details.
- Click on Finish to finish the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
They act as a place for your members to keep their lists. The ability to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner is offered by SharePoint. Users have access to the documents and content when they click on the library.
The best method to use the document library is:
- The documents can be chosen from the left- vertical pane.
- If you want to add new items, choose New. You can drag and drop files in the current library folder
- To open a Microsoft Office file, you have to use the app.
- Modern web apps allow you to modify the file with other people. You can check out a file and stop other people from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and review items in a list.
2. SharePoint Workflows
A set of decisions and tasks give you the right outcome. They are similar to the automated flowchart application that handles standard business processes. A set of templates can be used to save time and effort. Consistency and efficiency will be gained with this.
There are different roles that are linked with the workflows.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
The basic feature allows users to enter and execute queries. The recent website has a scope of search. The search application processes the query and returns results that match the query.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages can be found in the search results. Permissions, previous searches, and context are required for the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. You can add words to the search box and it will return the solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
The host has features to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data about the content stored. The library can be used to store the data content.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
There are many components in this template that support project management.
- The project summary.
- The task schedule.
- There is a task list
- There is a calendar
- “There’s a document library.”
- Features of built-in task management.
“It’s convenient to handle tasks and projects hassle-free with this method.”
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The pros and cons of SharePoint have been given to you. It’s perfect for small, medium and large businesses that need team collaboration for projects.”